Solution file isn't recognized as changed on commit

Mar 20, 2010 at 3:13 PM

When adding a new project to a solution, VisualHG doesn't recognize the solution file has changed in memory, hence not seeing the project isn't added to the solution file.
I'm new to Mercurial, but I compare VisualHG a bit with VisualSVN

When adding a new project to a solution, VisualHG doesn't recognize the solution file has changed in memory, hence not seeing that the project is added to the solution file, which therefore should be saved before committing.

I'm new to Mercurial, but I compare VisualHG a bit with VisualSVN, which saves the solution file before committing (I believe).

Is there something I should know, that I perhaps don't? I know it's only at the beginning of a project, a lot of new projects are added to a solution, but remembering to click Save All in Visual Studio is perhaps something that a lot of developers forget?

Kenneth

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 7:31 PM

That is correct, VisualHG does not recognize in memory changes at all. I thought about it for a while
and tested out a way to save all changes before commiting, but it was not working in all cases and
so I decided to remove it from the code again. May be next time I will reimplement it.

Bernd

Mar 22, 2010 at 7:37 PM

That sounds great.

Any plans on a new release?

Coordinator
Mar 22, 2010 at 8:17 PM

Yes, support for SubRepos and some smaller tweaks, I think at beginning or middle of April.

Bernd

Sep 28, 2011 at 5:53 PM

Is the solution still ignored in this case identified above?