VisualHg activity

Nov 22, 2012 at 12:49 PM

Hello,

I am making a shift into the realm of distributed source control after having used Subversion for a time.

Question #1: I will have inherited a Git repository, and I'd like to migrate that to Hg.

Question #2: How well does this integrate with Visual Studio? 2005? 2008? 2010? 2012?

Question #3: The last release was over a year ago. Does that mean VisualHg has pretty much reached full maturity? Or that there are other, better tools than this?

Thank you...

Best regards,

Michael

Nov 22, 2012 at 2:27 PM

I think there's another VS/Hg integration out there, although I've never tried it. However, even though there hasn't been a new release of VisualHg in a while, it still works perfectly fine for me here. I'm using it in Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 - haven't tried 2012 yet.

VisualHg uses TortoiseHg for many commands, but if you're familiar with TortoiseHg, that means you'll be at home with VisualHg as well.

I know that some people are apparently having problems making VisualHg work with Visual Studio 2012, but there seems to be workarounds. Dig around the discussions, it shouldn't be hard to find.