Problems with Attaching to a process after VHG install

May 29, 2010 at 7:57 AM
Edited May 29, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I'm using VS2010 on a Win7 64bit machine.  I prefer to debug my web apps against an IIS machine across the network.  As such, my app runs on that server and I attach to the web process on that machine to run my debugger.  It works great especially when all the compiling is done on the server across the network, not my work station.

The problem is that when I install VisualHG 1.0.8e the attach to process no longer works.  When I attempt it I eventually have to use Task Mgr to kill VS2010 which is completely locked up.

Does anyone else debug like this and had similar problems after installing VHG?

Thanks,

BK

UPDATE:  I've discovered that if I uninstall VHG the ability to attach to a process on a remote server returns.  As much promise as VisualHG has, until this is resolved I'm afraid it's a deal killer for me.  I need to be able to debug remotely (it's the only way to go!).

ANOTHER UPDATE:  It turns out that I can avoid this problem by never loading the .sln file.  If I always delete it and do File/Open Website I can run VisualHG and still attach to a remote process.  I guess the problem is something in the solution files.

Jul 17, 2010 at 4:46 AM

I just installed VisualHG 1.0.9 and it integrates well with VS2010 as far as the Mercurial functions.  However, it still kills the ability to attach to a process.  I'll keep installing the new versions and hope that one day I can use VisualHG and debug my code!

Thanks,

BK