Web Site Project files

May 22, 2010 at 9:06 AM

I can't see status of webSite-project files.

In repository they appear, but not in solution explorer.

With other projects works fine.

(Visual Studio 2010 RTM, Window 7 Ent)

VS2010

May 22, 2010 at 6:34 PM
Edited May 23, 2010 at 2:53 AM

I'm having a similar problem.  I'm an old VSS user trying to learn some new chops.  Using TortoiseHG I've setup a repository, added all my source files and committed them.  In File Explorer it all looks good.  I can bring up the Repository Explorer in Tortoise and see everything.  I've installed VisualHG and gone into VS2010 options and selected VisualHG as my source control system.  When I go File/Open Website my site loads but there are no icon overlays in Solution Explorer and I don't see any obvious way to "link" my VS2010 project to an HG repository.  Since the .hg folder is plainly visible in Solution Explorer I would have expected it to just pick up and go.  The VisualHG menu options and toolbar are all visible in VS2010, just not connected to the project that is loaded.

What must I do to get my project under source control?

Thanks,

BK

Win 7 (64 bit)
Visual Studio 2010 (retail)
TortoiseHG 1.0.3
VisualHG 1.0.8e

May 23, 2010 at 4:14 AM

It seems that when I created a repository with the HG command line it was difficult to get it connected to a project in VS.  When I created the repository through TortoiseHG I was able to see it and use it in VS.  Now, if only the icon overlays showed up in my VS I'd be a happy camper!

Coordinator
Jun 18, 2010 at 6:33 PM
The problem here is that MSVS 2010 don't ask for the file status and nor for the overlay icon for Web projects. VisualHG already have this information but I just wondering about how to tell it to the studio. With 2008 it does and everything was fine, as well as all other project types. Has anyone an idea? Bernd