Solution is not under Mercurial version control

Apr 24, 2010 at 7:21 PM

Hello, I'm new to Hg and VisualHg. I used TortoiseHg to create a new repository which consists of 1 VS 2010 solution containing 1 C# project. I have installed VisualHg and set it as the source control tool to use in VS. When I open my solution and select "HG Status" from the context menu, it gives me the error dialog in the title of this discussion.

Here's what my folder structure looks like:

Solution\
Solution\.hg\
Solution\Project\
Solution\Solution.sln 
Solution\.hgignore

Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Will.

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2010 at 2:20 PM

1) What ist the solution filename, shown in the dialog box?

2) Can you add your solution to mercurial using TortoiseHG?

Apr 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM
Edited Apr 25, 2010 at 4:55 PM

1) The error dialog lists "Solution\Solution.sln", which is the correct path (I've omitted the drive letter, but it exists in the dialog - the path is correct).

2) It won't let me add it. From within TortoiseHg's File Status tool, its status is "C" - I'm guessing that means it's already in the repository and has no current changes.

Additional info - I'm running Windows 7 64-bit, and the 64-bit version of TortoiseHg (v1.0.1, Hg 1.5.1)

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2010 at 5:06 PM

VisualHG is looking for the file '.hg\thgstatus' in the current or parent directories to determine the project can/is controlled or not.

If VisualHG don't find this file the error dialog comes up.

Apr 25, 2010 at 5:28 PM

That file does not exist in my .hg folder. What is responsible for creating it?

Coordinator
Apr 25, 2010 at 8:26 PM

Use TortoiseHG context menu 'Create Repo Here' and you will get it. Also by cloning a project using TortoiseHG will create this file. The question is how did you create your repo without creating this file. It seems you just found a bug ;-)

Coordinator
Apr 29, 2010 at 4:29 PM

Check out version 1.0.8.d 

Bernd

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:14 PM

I am having the same issue using TortiseHG and cloning an existing project. I updated to 1.0.8.d and it still isn't working. One interesting note is I'm also running Windows 7 64-bit, and the 64-bit version of TortoiseHg (v1.0.1, Hg 1.5.1). Could the be related to the TortiseHG version if a clone is supposed to create .hg\thgstatus?

Apr 29, 2010 at 5:26 PM

I never restarted after installing TortiseHG. After a restart my  .hg\thgstatus file was created. So apparently the Icon Overlay server is required.

I hope that helps.

Nov 11, 2011 at 7:12 AM

Hello!

I face same issue and I do have .hg/thgstatus file.

I was using Mercurial for 2 years as my SC and visualHG. I wanted to update from 0.9 version to the latest 1.15, so I did as you guys say on the homepage:

0) removed old visualHG

1) Installed new 

2) choose the SC from tols->opt->sc

3) opened my solution which is already used visualHG,

But I couldn't see any icons near files in the project and when I clicked on "hg status" it said my solution is not under Mercurial... But it is!

I have TortoiseHg (version 1.1.3) [with Mercurial-1.6.3, Python-2.6.4, PyGTK-2.16.0, GTK-2.16.6]

Should I update my Tortoise also?

Thanks!